Job Title: Head of Philanthropy
Reports to: Head of Sales, Marketing and Philanthropy.
Working Conditions: Open to flexible working and remote working from home up to 80% per month.
Salary: Competitive for the sector.
Who we are
World Vision is an international, non-denominational Christian relief organisation with a focus on sustainable development cooperation, disaster relief and development advocacy. More than 180 employees form part of the German office (World Vision Deutschland e.V.) and are part of the international World Vision family that comprises around 35,000 people in 98 countries all working towards better living conditions for more than 41 million children, their families, and their environment. Within the World Vision International partnership, World Vision Deutschland e.V. is the fifth largest contributor and plays an important role at the international level.
Within the German non-profit sector, World Vision Deutschland e.V. is one of the leading organisations in terms of transparency and impact with approximately 85% of donations reaching beneficiaries and we were one of the first organisations in the country to publish impact reports critically evaluating our own programmes. Additionally, as part of the Aktion Deutschland Hilft NGO corporation, World Vision Deutschland e.V. is the largest partner in fund allocation and programme delivery.
Scope of the role
World Vision Deutschland e.V. are embarking on a strategic journey to launch a new marketing/fundraising strategy with a focused approach that will breakdown old siloes to move forward with comprehensive marketing and fundraising goals. The new cohesive strategy has a focus on growth and effectiveness with the full backing of World Vision International. The new strategy will consolidate the fundraising team across functional areas to develop best practice supporter journeys across the donor spectrum from upgrades, middle donors through to major donors and legacies.
As part of this re-structure, philanthropy remains a top priority and World Vision are seeking a Head of Philanthropy to lead the management of the Philanthropy department with the objective of achieving significant and sustainable growth in income from high-net-worth individuals (HNWI), corporations and foundations. This involves being the lead on soliciting donations of €10,000 or more for the association or foundation and, with downstream priority, activities to expand the foundation's assets via trust foundations and endowment funds. The target for this portfolio is in the multi-million range from a global inventory of program.
The Head of Philanthropy will lead the development and regular evaluation of an appropriate strategy, as part of the overall marketing-sales-philanthropy strategy and will lead on expanding acquisition, relationship management and retention of existing partners to achieve revenue goals. This includes developing new innovative strategies to broaden the scope of philanthropy for World Vision. Particularly important for this role is close communication and collaboration with World Vision International in the area of philanthropy to leverage global philanthropy resources. In addition to oversight of a substantial existing major donor database.
- Management and development of the team of 9 people, especially in the area of acquisition.
- Key Account Management.
- Work closely with the marketing and sales teams to implement the joint strategy and derive the appropriate philanthropy strategy.
- Work closely with World Vision International on philanthropy to leverage global philanthropy resources.
- Development of KPIs to control the achievement of objectives and regular analyses.
- Cooperation with International Program Department and Finance especially for reporting to donors.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced philanthropy specialist that is excited about the opportunity to develop and lead a best practice philanthropy programme.
- Business administration (marketing) degree (master's/diploma) or comparable education.
- At least 5 years of experience in the major donor field.
- At least 5 years of personnel management experience.
- Very good analytical skills, also in complex tasks.
- Project management experience.
Skills and attributes
- Very good negotiation skills in German and English.
- Very good extensive knowledge in MS Office, especially Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Very good acquisition and retention skills in the area of major donors.
- Very good project management skills.
How to Apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating your motivation for applying and the skills and experience you would bring to the role, along with your CV/resume in English to Ruth Gardner at email@example.com. Please put World Vision, Head of Philanthropy in the subject line and let us know where you saw this exciting role.
The deadline for application is Sunday, July 10th 2022