Administrative Assistant, ST Germany
Smile Train is changing the world one smile at a time. We’re always on the hunt for curious, passionate, and innovative thinkers to join our team, to help us do what we do better. If that’s you, please read on.
Smile Train is an international non-profit headquartered in New York. Our mission is to transform the life of every person impacted by cleft lip and palate. We train and support doctors and medical professionals to provide free life-changing comprehensive cleft treatment to our beneficiaries. Our sustainable model has allowed us to reach 1.5 million children in 90+ countries to date and we’re just getting started. We are truly changing the world one smile at a time.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Germany. This person support fundraising activities in Germany, with an emphasis on administrative and database activities. Bank bookings, such as donation booking, bank statements, and direct debit files, will be a primary activity for the incoming Administrative Assistant.
This role has been classified as a 450 Euro Basis Minijob. The incumbent will work approximately 40 hours per month. They will report to the Director of Development for Germany.
- Process donor mail in coordination with the database
- Maintain donor information on the database (personal, mail requests and donations)
- Record and process donations
- Create a weekly donation report
- Perform frequent imports and uploads of other key donor data
- Regularly post bank receipts
- Reconcile and file bank statements
- Create and own an electronic folder for the monthly donation collections
- Monitor incoming invoices
- Prepare accounting documents for annual financial statements
- Download the weekly telemarketing report and follow-up as necessary
- Seamless manual and digital file management
- Oversee email, incoming and outgoing mail, as well as independent correspondence
- Other administrative activities in support of day-to-day operations
- Have or be working towards a degree in a related field (such as fundraising, non-profit management)
- At least one year of relevant experience in administrative support
- Professional fluency of German; strong command of English
- Comfort working with data and information
- Detail-oriented; able to effectively and discreetly collect and analyse information
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service orientation and wonderful interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the MS-Office suite, especially Excel and Word
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
Smile Train is committed to diversity and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV, and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Smile Train and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Please make sure to apply through this link: